Friday, July 27, 2007

america discovers social class

yeh, it does seem difficult for americans to talk about social class

danah boyd has been brave and it has struck a nerve

Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace

Responding the responses to: Viewing American class divisions through Facebook and MySpace
This essay addressed one of America's most taboo topics: class. Due to personal circumstances, I wasn't online as things spun further and further out of control and I had neither the time nor the emotional energy to address all of the astounding misinterpretations that I saw as a digital game of telephone took hold. I've browsed the hundreds of emails, thousands of blog posts, and thousands of comments across the web. I'm in awe of the amount of time and energy people put into thinking through and critiquing my essay

No comments: